The Summer Infant Secure Picture Me Digital Video Monitor is impressive. It is a new design when compared to most, or should I say all video monitors available to date. The parent unit looks more like a digital photo frame than a monitor screen and can in fact be used for this purpose.
The secure picture me is security encrypted, has a range of 100 metres and a large 3.5″ monitor screen, i have not seen any reports of poor reception. The images are clear and vivid and the night vision is good quality as is the sound. This video monitor is ready to go straight from the box, you quite literally plug the camera in, plug the parent unit in (UK and EU plugs included), position the camera and you are good to go. The camera has a tilt facility and can be wall mounted or placed on a flat surface so you shouldn’t have any problems finding the ideal place to view your baby’s cot.
You have the option of buying two additional cameras so is great if you have twins or a quickly expanding family! The feature I love the most is the ability to take screenshots of your baby direct from live viewing and store them on the parent unit, this can then be used as a digital photo frame when not in use as a monitor screen – up to ten pictures can be stored for this purpose. You will love switching this onto the photo frame view during the day particularly when you have visitors. Now everyone can see how cute your baby is when he/she is asleep!
- Record and play photo images of you baby to share with friends and family
- Stores up to 10 pictures on first in first out basis
- Colour 3.5″ LCD Screen
- Night Vision in black and white
- Option of up to two additional cameras
- Camera Scanning
- Sound only option
- Sound Light – Visual LED traffic lights capture babys every sound
- Temperature Sensor
- Table Top or Wall Mounted
- UK and EU plugs included
- Video quality is decent, and is obviously designed to work well in very low light
- Literally just plug it in and go
- Long cable so easy to move parent unit around
- Easy to alter sound and brightness etc
- The whole device is very simple to use
- The monitor signal goes through the thick stone walls and we get a very clear picture.
- The additional thermometer is very useful.
- Captures even slightest voice vibrations in baby’s room.
- Sound is perfectly clear and it has a great lighting function which goes from green to red depending on the noise level
- The only negative point I could find was cosmetic based but even this was forgiven once the unit was turned on and working, “the whole product looks like a toy with a odd webcam (when unboxing) so my fears were growing, however, that changed when,I turned it on. The picture quality is very nice and its night vision is very good”.
Who is it good for?
I recommend the Summer Infant Secure Picture Me Digital Video Monitor for parents who don’t need their monitor screen to be portable, perhaps if you just plan to use it in your living area of an evening and take to bed with you at night. I know you will love the idea of taking a few pictures of your sleeping baby and displaying them to visitors during the day.